Feel good fast. What is the little thing that makes the biggest difference?
Nature is the best medicine for the soul.
Being outside everyday makes a difference in our mental and physical health. It makes you feel good. Be it sitting quietly listening to the birds or walking, hiking, golfing, sketching or painting it is a positive thing and a wonderful gift to ourselves. Every painting I make outdoors is a gift. I don’t forget how lucky I am to be in these beautiful places and I can look at these plein air paintings to remind me of that great day.
It’s really quite simple… go outside!
I always tell students to get outside. I think that sketching and painting outdoors have more benefits for peace of mind and general happiness than many other things that we do to make ourselves feel good.
- 1st – You slow down and step out of the age of information overload.
- 2nd -You give your full attention to one thing – no multi-tasking.
- 3rd – You immerse yourself in the environment – sniff the air, feel the temperature, really pay attention to what is going on.
- Clouds over the Lake – Belmont, New Hampshire.
- The Foaming Surf on Marginal Way, Ogunquit, ME.
- The Egrets in the Marsh, Rachel Carson in Wells, ME
- ALL PAINTINGS ARE AVAILABLE AS PRINTS ~ Click on the PICTURE or the LINK BELOW !