This workshop is 3 days of painting en plein air.
WORKSHOP DATE ~ AUGUST 30, 31, SEPT 1
- TIME: 10am – 5 pm.
- EXPERIENCE: Beginner to Intermediate levels welcome.
- LOCATION: Mount Desert Island, Maine.
- INSTRUCTION: Classes are small. Each student receives individual attention, instruction and guidance. All classes are outdoors.
- FOCUS : You will be able to plan, start and finish paintings en plein air daily.
- LODGING & TRANSPORTATION : Students are responsible for lodging & transportation.
This workshop is for painters of watercolor, acrylic, gouache, and oils. The focus is to develop and build your skills with drawing, brushwork and color. Individual development and style will be nurtured. You will learn how to work with paint and become skilled in a variety of techniques for painting en plein air. Students at every level will be able to improve their skills.
This workshop is best for beginners to experienced painters who have some familiarity with their chosen medium (watercolor, oil, acrylic, gouache) and wish to paint outdoors and improve to the next level. The process helps you focus on your goals, work and individual style. Come prepared to paint and have fun! Class meets at a different location every day. You will need to obtain local lodging and transportation to each daily painting location.
DAILY SCHEDULE :
- 10am – 12 noon : Lecture, Instruction & Painting
- 12 – 1pm Lunch break and/or Painting
- 2pm -4pm : Plein Air Painting : Students are free to work on the painting they started in the morning or start a new painting. I will be practicing my plein air study process of obtaining information by painting quick, small studies choosing, planning, designing and studying the landscape and a variety of subjects. Students may observe or work on their paintings.
- 4pm -5pm: Review, discussion and critique of students’ paintings.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Email: email@example.com
Instructor: Mary Byrom is a Maine artist who has painted landscapes en plein air for more than 15 years. Her paintings depict moments of beauty within a realistic framework. Her award winning work is collected internationally.
Mary Byrom is nationally known for her sensitive renditions
of the Maine landscape. She is a rural and urban sketcher and painter, sketching extensively indoors and out, teaching for over 20 years. She has been featured in the Portsmouth Herald, the Portland Press Herald, Epoch Times, Artscope Magazine, Southwest Art Magazine and Plein Air Magazine.